Naota has another horn, everyone’s playing paintball, and anime parodies abound. The Department of Interstellar Immigration are trying to take someone out.
Haruko begins to switch her attentions from Kamon to Naota, arousing the former's jealousy. They resolve to "duel" for Haruko, which amounts to little more than an intense airsoft firefight with Canti allied with Kamon. During the fight, Lieutenant Kitsurubami tries to unsuccessfully blow Canti away. Mamimi, observing Naota's intimate relationship with Haruko, questions him as to how much he really likes her, leading him to confront her about their relationship. Finally, his N.O. channel erupts with one of the largest objects yet, a leviathan robot, while a gunfight rages between Commander Amarao, his group of backup gunmen, and Haruko.
Trapped on top of the robot, Naota resolves to save Mamimi and bravely fuses with Canti. However, despite his and Haruko's best efforts, they are unable to stop the giant robot, which rampages towards the Medical Mechanica plant. Canti then manifests the power of Atomsk by producing his EB-0 1961 Gibson bass guitar, to the amazement of Commander Amarao and Haruko. Canti defeats the giant robot, which is actually a gargantuan hand, rocketing over the Medical Mechanica plant and straight into the ground, where it becomes a petrified monument, presiding over the plant.
Opening song: "Runners High"
Playing War-ji: "Sad Sad Kiddie"
Kitsurubami pulls out her anti-tank rifle: "Nightmare"
Ninamori sees Mamimi through her squirt gun: "Patricia"
Haruko attacks Amarao: "Sleepy Head"
Naota learns Mamimi doesn’t love him: "Advice"
Naota and Mamimi on giant robot: "Blues Drive Monster"
Steam pouring from iron: "Little Busters"
- Original Concept: GAINAX
- Executive Producers: Toshimichi Ohtsuki, Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, Hiroyuki Yamaga
- Planning: Hirotaka Takase, Masatoshi Nishizawa, Hiroki Sato
- Naota Nandaba: Jun Mizuki
- Haruko Haruhara: Mayumi Shintani
- Mamimi Samejima: Izumi Kasagi
- Kamon Nandaba: Suzuki Matsuo
- Eri Ninamori: Mika Itou
- Gaku Manabe: Sho Miyajima
- Masashi Masamune: Kazuhito Suzuki
- Commander Amarao: Kouji Ohkura
- Kitsurubami: Chiemi Chiba
- Miyu Miyu: Hideaki Anno (uncredited)
- Takkun: Jun Mizuki
- Naota Nandaba: Barbara Goodson
- Haruko Haruhara: Kari Wahlgren
- Mamimi Samejima: Jennifer Sekiguchi
- Kamon Nandaba: Joe Martin
- Eri Ninamori: Melissa Fahn
- Gaku Manabe: R. Martin Klein
- Masashi Masamune: Steven Blum
- Commander Amarao: Dave Mallow
- Kitsurubami: L. Villa
- Miyu Miyu: Steven Blum
- Takkun: Barbara Goodson